Monday, 5 August 2013

An outfit post!

Jacket: Sussan. Jumper: Ally. Jeans, scarf: Cotton On. Boots: Target. Necklace: Sportsgirl. Bag: K-Mart.
Finally - an outfit post! This blog has been looking a bit neglected of late, but I can't say I feel particularly guilty. I've been happy just enjoying being busy with life things while still doing an (un?)healthy amount of blog reading and YouTube watching, without feeling particularly compelled to blog myself. This things eb and flow, I guess. 

This past weekend was both great and a bit of a doozy! First, the great: we celebrated Mitch's 25th(!!!) birthday with a family lunch at a near-by Japanese restaurant. Everyone came back to our place for cheesecake (I made his favourite one) and tea, and it was all very lovely. That morning I'd successfully, sneakily surprised him with a BBQ - which he loves! Actually we both love, seeing as it's going to result in some delicious meals :)

Now for the doozy parts: firstly, Mitch had to work on his birthday (on a Sunday!) so we had to move the celebrations to Saturday. He didn't mind, but I thought it was a bit of a shame. Then on Sunday night I got into a grump, ruined a batch of brownies we were making for him to take to work the next day, and stayed in a funk until bedtime. We talked it out before falling asleep, but I felt guilty for ruining the evening! And finally, on Monday(this) morning Mitch had a flat car battery, after accidentally leaving his lights on overnight. He took my car to work, so it wasn't too much of a problem. Or at least it wouldn't have been, except that we both forgot you have to pay for street parking around here during the weekdays, and so he copped a $101 fine :/

Let's hope this week is only uphill from here! 


16 comments:

  1. Maddi - DolceBeauty5 August 2013 at 23:35

    I love your coat and bag - I definitely wasn't expecting it to be from Kmart! Surprised at how affordable everything is!

    Dolce Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I hope things turn up. But I love that you're back with an outfit post! I've missed your face around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha aw thanks Kelly! And I hope so too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maddi! I love a good bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO cute...love that cozy sweater! Happy birthday to Mitch...and don't worry...we all get in grumpy moods every now & then :) Hope you have a better week!

    Annie

    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Annie! Hope you have a great week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so cold & making me so excited for our Fall!

    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha yes it has been pretty chilly recently! I'm not sick of it yet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! You look so put together and elegant. :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww sorry to hear your week wasn't off to a great start! I hope it's improved and you have an even better weekend this weekend! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wearing my favorite jacket again! Cute ankle boots I hope your week gets better x

    http://jessielovesjake.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great outfit, I need some animal print in my life! I also love that top photo of you.
    I hate being in a bad mood for no reason, it happens to the best of us but the parking fine definitely sucks :( Maybe it was meant to be that you celebrated Mitch's bday on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first photo is so fun! Hope your week looked up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the bag and leopard Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfit shots! I love that handbag paired with the scarf! It's always good to step away and enjoy life, that's what it's all about. Have a wonderful week! /Madison :-)

    ReplyDelete