Monday, 8 July 2013

A recipe! Sticky sour cream, golden syrup and ginger cake (oh my)


Recently I had the urge to bake something new and was craving something gingery and sweet. So I pulled out Belinda Jeffery's 'Mix & Bake', restrained myself through the chocolate section and then found this lovely number. It's absolutely delicious, and didn't last long at all around Mitch and I ;)

Here's the recipe straight from the book, to save me typing the whole thing (and getting anything wrong)! My alterations: instead of whisking by hand I used my free-standing mixer for everything. I also gave the cake a generous coating of extra golden syrup when it came out of the oven, which made it extra moist, sweet and delicious. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. It's pretty hard to resist haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ginger! Must make this for my friends soon for our dinner party, as it really looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Hope it turns out deliciously :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this recipe sounds delicious! I love anything with ginger so it sounds right up my street. :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Adriana! Sounds like you'd like this cake then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ginger so this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I guess this recipe is very 'you' then? :)

    ReplyDelete